Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Piggy Toes Press, Crayola Wipe Off Books


I love reading.  When I was a little girl, I don't think I ever went to bed without a flashlight and a book (or two, or three!).  It is very important to me to encourage a love of books and reading in my children.  So far, I think this is going very well.

Piggy Toes Press creates quality pop-up, novelty, board, gift and activity books for children to keep them engaged in learning, and to keep reading fun.  I have fond memories of this Sesame Street book.  My husband used to be in the military, and while he was deployed he would participate in the United Through Reading Program.  He read this book to our daughters while he was in Afghanistan and they sent a dvd of him reading it as well as a copy of the book to us.  The girls loved it so much, that the book is a little worse for wear at this point...but I can't bear to just replace it as it has sentimental value. 

Piggy Toes Press kindly sent my daughters one of their delightful Crayola Wipe-Off Books.  Retailing for just $8.95 (and well worth it), these bright activity books are perfect for young children.  We were sent the Numbers book.  This 24 page book includes a dry-erase marker (low odor, I didn't notice any odor at all actually) and it really wipes off easily with just a dry cloth or paper towel.  The book is rather large, which makes it a bit akward for storing (at least here in my house it does, it doesn't quite fit on our bookshelves), but the size really makes it perfect for sharing with a sibling...plenty of room for children to sit side by side and work on the activities.  I love that all of the activities are simple and fun, but educational. 

My just turned 5 year old (as in, just this past weekend turned 5!  Where does the time go?!?) is working on learning to write her letters and numbers.  She hasn't been to preschool so we work on writing a lot here at home.  This was a fun way for us to practice! 







Check out my little chatterbox! :o)

If you're interested in seeing more of what Piggy Toes Press has to offer, check out their website: http://www.piggytoespress.com/.

I highly recommend that you like them on Facebook (www.facebook.com/piggytoespress) as well, because they often offer fun giveaways!  Don't miss out, go LIKE them now!  :o)



*I received one or more of the products mentioned above for the purposes of this review through the above mentioned company or representing PR agency. In the event of a giveaway, the prize is shipped by the sponsor and I hold no responsibility. Thank you for reading!

2 comments:

  1. Glad you liked the book. We also have it in an 8x10 size too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome, I was thinking if it were just a bit smaller it would be great for car trips! :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Please remember to add your email address if you are entering a giveaway. :o)