Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Be a Bronzy Babe with Fake Bake

I am about as pale as they come.  I always say if I were any more white, I'd be a ghost!  I always need the lightest shade of foundations and powders, and I don't tan.  Try as I might (when I was a teen!), I just don't.  I burn, turn bright red, peel, get blisters, and I'm just generally uncomfortable for days... only to turn pale again.  No big deal, I kinda like my natural skin tone!  And who wants skin cancer, anyway?  Not me!  So, I just don't bother with tanning.  I proudly slather on the SPF 70!  :o)


But that doesn't mean I don't want to perk up my natural glow a bit!  Especially in the Summer, but even in the Winter too when I'm feeling pasty and blah.


So, when Fake Bake told me about that not only do they carry self tanners, but also a line of cosmetics, I asked to try the Tinted Body Glow and the Just Peachy Blush. I've always been "in" to makeup, so I have a well stocked selection of cosmetics to play with, and I'm always interested in trying something new.  Who knows, it might just become a favorite product, right?  That holy grail you just can't live without.


We were about to go on a Summer vacation to Florida, and I thought these might be welcome additions to my travel bag!  Indeed, they were!




I lovvvvve this blush!  The container is very sturdy and includes a mirror so it's easy to just toss in your purse or bag if you're going out and think you might want to touch up the glow (though I have to say, this stuff has staying power, I have not once had to touch it up, even with the humidity this Summer!).  The Just Peachy is a soft peach, and I've actually been on the lookout for a soft blush that wouldn't be too dramatic on my pale skin.  Even a soft pink can sometimes just be too pink for me!  I often end up layering my blush under my powder to tone it down, if I decide to wear it at all.  But this, I love, I've been wearing it almost every day for a month and it just gives me the right amount of Just Peachy glow!  It has a bit of a shimmer to it, to highlight your skin, and it's a great way to get that sexy, lightly sun kissed, blush to your cheeks.


Retails for $9.95


When I saw the Tinted Body Glow from Fake Bake, I perked up.  I've never really had the guts to try a self tanner.  I mean, I've been interested and looked at a few, I've just heard way too many horror stories, and my skin is SO pale that even the slightest change might be too drastic, and if I couldn't wash it off right away, I knew I'd be miserable...but a Tinted Body Glow might be just the thing for a temporary glow and a little extra sparkle!  Can't hurt to try it, right?  It's not like a self tanner that might stain my skin for weeks and leave me wishing I hadn't tried it at all (sorry for any self tanner stereotypes!  I fully admitted I've never tried any!).  I have to admit, that seeing the container scared me a little bit, it looks pretty dark to one who has such fair skin!


However I was pleasantly surprised when I smoothed this Tinted Body Glow into my skin, that it blended nicely and didn't give me a fake tanned look, but just what it promised, a softly tinted GLOW!  I love it!  Seriously, this stuff is awesome.  You can use it on your face, your arms, legs, stomach... it says "Head to Toe" for a soft, bronzy glow.  I like to apply a little to my legs, arms, shoulders, and chest/neck area.  It smells great, and it's packed with vitamins, botanicals and anti-oxidants to keep your skin looking and feeling great.  It retails for $16.95, which isn't bad at all for a product like this.


One thing to note, however, is that it does NOT contain sunscreen, so don't forget to apply that as well to keep your skin protected.


After trying these products, I'd definitely recommend Fake Bake.  They have high standards for their products, and it really shows!


Go check them out on Facebook and Twitter!



 




*I received one or more of the products mentioned above for the purposes of this review through the above mentioned company or representing PR agency. In the event of a giveaway, the prize is shipped by the sponsor and I hold no responsibility. Thank you for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Please remember to add your email address if you are entering a giveaway. :o)