Sunday, December 18, 2011

Dreaming of the Summer Heat and a Cold Dip

As you all know, we just purchased what we would like to be our "forever" home. I grew up in a military family and moved quite a bit, and then once I grew up, I married a man who was in the military and moved around some more. It's so nice to finally feel like this is IT, I can really put down roots and work on making this our family's dream home.

I realize that it's almost the end of December, and it even snowed today here! I can't help but dream of sweet summer days lounging by the pool. The pool in my dreams, anyway. We don't have one at our new home, but our yard is plenty big enough and I'd love to put one in. I have such fond memories of swimming as a child, and I'd like to be able to have pool parties with my kids and enjoy splashing around in the cool, refreshing waters on a hot summer day.

Of course, since I am an adult, I will have to face the reality that pools need upkeep...maintenance. Not to mention setting up and installing a new pool will be quite a task. What would be better, an above ground pool? In ground? I'm thinking above ground might be safer. Probably less expensive as well. I will be the first to admit I know nothing about pool supplies, pool accessories, or taking care of pools. I'm willing to learn though! Until then though, I'll just keep on dreaming of sweet summer days while I sip hot cocoa and stare out the window at the snow.



*brought to you by http://www.doheny.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Please remember to add your email address if you are entering a giveaway. :o)