Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Stanley Steemer



Stanley Steemer gets carpets cleaner! 

I have had that jingle stuck in my head for DAYS! 

I have never had my carpets professionally cleaned before.  In our last home, we mostly had laminate wood flooring.  Here, we have carpet everywhere except for our kitchen and bathrooms.  Light beige carpet.  With two young children, and two pets.  Lets just say, we've lived here for about six months now and a good cleaning was needed! 

Needless to say I was super excited when I was approached by My Blog Spark and given the opportunity to try out Stanley Steemer's services and let you all know what I thought!

I was given a gift certificate that was enough to cover the cleaning of one room, but we went ahead and did two rooms.  One room is $99, plus tax, of course, and two rooms ended up being about $120.  A little pricey, yes, but wait until you see how pretty my carpets looked when they were done!  We picked the worst rooms in the house too.  The family room, which is just high traffic, and what is supposed to be our dining room, but is currently the "dumping grounds" for all of my decorations until I get a dining room set, and where the dog likes the hang out. 

Check this out:

Dining room, where the dog threw up just that morning.  I cleaned up most of it, but wanted to see if Stanley Steemer would be able to get that up too.

Dining room, where the cat and dog decided to mark the house right after we moved in.  This is after scrubbing, but I didn't know when they did this because this whole room was loaded up with boxes...they squeezed in behind them and I didn't find the spots until after the boxes were cleared out.  Yuck!

Darn cat strikes again!  This time it was because someone closed the basement door where his litter box is. 

Family room, see that dark spot in front of the couch?  Some of it is shadow, but mostly it's just a stain that was there when we moved in.  There were several of these dark stains, and no matter how much we tried, they just wouldn't come up. 

So, you can see we REALLY put these guys to the test!  I was almost certain we'd have to replace the carpets in these rooms.  I'd scrubbed with dish soap and water, dish soap, water, baking soda, and peroxide mixes, tried a carpet cleaner with oxy...  they helped, but just weren't cutting it.

I was VERY ready for the Stanley Steemer team to visit my house! 

Setting up the appointment was easy, I just went online to www.stanleysteemer.com, and selected the rooms I wanted cleaned.  Then I was able to select from available dates, and even choose from several windows of time that would be most convenient for me.  I got a confirmation email right away.

On the day of the appointment, all I did to get the rooms ready, was run my vacuum.  I didn't even have to do that, they said...but with pets...I vacuum every day anyway.  I got a call about an hour and a half before my appointment window from a very nice woman who let me know that her team was actually running early and if it was okay with my, they would be an hour early.  It was fine with me, I was ready to see what they could do!

The team arrived and asked that I show them the rooms they were to clean, as well as talked to me about how I normally clean my carpets, if there were any problem areas (Yep!  All the ones pictures above!).  They got right to work pre-treating the stains.  Once their equipment was set up and ready, they started moving the furniture and hot water steaming the carpets.  I loved that they moved the furniture for me!  There was literally nothing I needed to do for these guys, I was able to just sit back and watch them work their magic.  I did put out some nice cold drinks for the guys because it was a warm day and they were working hard, but that was easy! ;o)

I was absolutely blown away at how fast and how beautifully they were able to clean my carpets.  They look like NEW!  I am so impressed.  My pictures just barely do them justice.

Seriously, can you see the difference in where they've cleaned and where they haven't?  It was like a line of clean!

My poor dog just couldn't believe I wouldn't let her in to "help," hehe!  :o)

They got EVERY.SINGLE.STAIN out of the dining room carpet!


Amazing!

I am so so SO impressed!

It's like new! 

They even put protecters under the furniture so that as the carpets dried, the wetness didn't make the furniture "bleed" into the carpet.
Behind the scenes!


I even got to see a little behind the scenes!  Now, this isn't ALL from my carpets, haha, there is trash in that thing I've never seen before! ;o)  But WOW, they pick all of that up from carpets.  They told me that I didn't need to vacuum at all, because the suction on the steamer would take care of it.  When they moved the couches, despite my having used the hose on my vacuum to get under them, there was still some random junk and they just sucked it all right up (none of it was important, they made sure first, haha!)

I am definitely planning to have Stanley Steemer back out to steam the rest of my carpets SOON!  It's like magic, I can't say enough good things or how impressed I was with the difference!  Stanley Steemer is the way to go!

They also offer many other services as well, one that I plan to take advantage of is the furniture cleaning.  My couches and loveseats could use it.  They also clean auto interiors, hard wood, tile and grout, air ducts, and do water damage restoration!




*I received one or more of the products mentioned above for the purposes of this review through the above mentioned company or representing PR agency. In the event of a giveaway, the prize is shipped by the sponsor and I hold no responsibility. Thank you for reading!

1 comment:

  1. The dryer vents are also cleaned by the professionals of Stanley Steemer. This can really help in saving good amount of money as the dryer can work with better efficiency. You can find whether it is high time to go for an air duct cleaning by checking for these symptoms. If the temperature or air flow is changing at home or when there is excessive dust in home.
    stanley steemer specials

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Please remember to add your email address if you are entering a giveaway. :o)