Monday, March 28, 2011

Nutella Hazelnut Spread


I first tried Nutella when I was high school. I instantly fell in love, it's delicious! Unfortunately I always seem to forget to buy it when I'm at the grocery store... so I jumped at the chance to have a little Nutella party with my family! Mommy Parties sent me a box of goodies, including a full size jar of Nutella and lots of fun stuff for guests. Thank you to Mommy Parties and Ferrero/Nutella

The first version of what would become the revolutionary invention of the century and what is now one of the most famous food specialities in the world – Nutella – was founded in a backroom of the pastry shop founded in Alba in 1944 by Pietro Ferrero. Since then, Nutella continues to inspire and satisfy the palate of the entire world: from the United States to Europe, Australia to Canada, its unique taste and its distinctive jar appeal to consumers of all generations. Thanks to its inimitable recipe and its genuine and carefully selected ingredients, Nutella, spread on bread, has become an essential element to the breakfast ritual and serves as a great way to begin the day.

A peek at what they sent me: 




We had a blast at my little get-together! Swapping recipes and making banana nutella crepes.

All of the goodie bags:




Delicious banana nutella crepes!

We made crepes, and then filled them with Nutella and slices of banana.  Drizzled them with a little Nutella that I softened in the microwave, added a few more slices of banana.  Topped with a sprinkling of powdered sugar and in some cases whipped cream.  :o)

I used this recipe for crepes from All Recipes, but I doubled it and added two teaspoons of sugar to sweeten it up a bit.

Ingredients
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 cup milk
  • 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1 pinch salt
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons vegetable oil

Directions

  1. In a blender combine eggs, milk, flour, salt and oil. Process until smooth. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour.
  2. Heat a skillet over medium-high heat and brush with oil. Pour 1/4 cup of crepe batter into pan, tilting to completely coat the surface of the pan. Cook 2 to 5 minutes, turning once, until golden. Repeat with remaining batter.

This is what my jar of Nutella looked like by the time we got through with it.  :o)

 Yum!



Head on over to the Nutella USA page for a $1 coupon!

2 comments:

  1. I love Nutella! I like the idea of this banana crepe. Hope to try it soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Please remember to add your email address if you are entering a giveaway. :o)