Wednesday, February 8, 2012

The Secret World of Arrietty


 
”The Secret World of Arrietty” is based on the book “The Borrowers” by Mary Norton. Arrietty (voice of Bridgit Mendler) is a tiny 14 year old girl who lives with her parents (voices of Will Arnett and Amy Poehler) in the recesses of a suburban garden home, unbeknownst to the homeowner and her housekeeper (voice of Carol Burnett). Like all little people, Arrietty remains hidden from view, except during occasional ventures beyond the floorboards to “borrow” supplies like sugar cubes from her human hosts. But when 12-year-old Shawn (voice of David Henrie), a human boy who comes to stay in the home, discovers his mysterious housemate one evening, a secret friendship blossoms. If discovered, their relationship could drive Arrietty’s family from the home and straight into danger.

 

 
When I was a child, I absolutely adored The Borrowers.  I read the book and over again.  I was very excited to learn that Disney/Studio Ghibli was going to release The Secret World of Arietty this year!  I can't WAIT to see it, and introduce my little girls to the world of The Borrowers.  My girls are only 4 and 5, but we do read some chapter books and I think I'll have to get them soon for story time.  I imagine that after seeing the movie, they might really enjoy the book. 




THE SECRET WORLD OF ARRIETTY opens in theaters everywhere on February 17th!

In the meantime, feel free to print and enjoy these coloring pages!



 
Also, be sure to LIKE the movie page on Facebook!




*All materials and information was provided by Walt Disney Studios.  I recieved no compensation for sharing this.

1 comment:

  1. and i absolutely believe that my niece would love to watch this film....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Please remember to add your email address if you are entering a giveaway. :o)