Tuesday, June 21, 2011

ICON Rogue 2 Review


I don't know what it is about the men in my life, but they are all like a kid in candy shop when it comes to new flashlights.  When I saw ICON's flashlights, I knew they would be a hit.

ICON was kind enough to send me the Rogue II.  We received the green, though it is also available in silver and black.  Compact and powerful, it takes two AA batteries (which are included), and while it's shaped more or less like any other flashlight upon first glance, it is pretty much the coolest flash light I have ever had the pleasure of seeing (not that I have really seen a lot of them...I mean, I have, but when the "guys" start talking flashlights and gadgets sometimes I just nod politely as I see their mouths moving but don't really hear what they're saying.  What?  That never happens to you?)


Upon closer inspection, the body is 6.5 inches long, and features an open design all around which not only helps you keep a grip on it, it prevents it from being too hot in your hand on when used on the high setting for a longer period of time.  The Rogue 2 is made of aerospace-grade aluminum, which makes it virtually indestructible, and believe me, with my husband it is put to the test.  We have a running joke that the longer a product lasts in his presence, the better it is...he can break ANYthing.  Despite it's tough exterior, it's incredibly light weight, and designed to ensure a good, no slip, grip. 


It has a microprocessor-controlled LED that produces an intensely bright white beam.  You have the option of two modes with this flashlight and can switch between them simply by pushing the button at the tail end.  There is a high, 100 lumen output, and a low 10 lumen output, which allows you to get more use out of the flashlight.  On the low settting, you can get 72 hours of use without replacing the batteries, and with the (crazy bright, rivals the sun) high setting, you can get 3 hours of use. 

Inside, The Rogue 2 is o-ring sealed and waterproof (up to one meter in depth for up to a half an hour).  The microprocessor regulates power consumption to optimize use.  The circuit boards are chem-coated to resist shock and counter moisture and dust, and various electronics are nickel plated to ensure reliability.  I don't really understand what all of that means, but it must be good.  :o) 

Plus, it comes with a handy lanyard and you are guaranteed a one year warranty! 

You can purchase the ICON Rogue 2 (or the Rogue 1, which is similar, but smaller) at THESE great retailers!

My husband loves this flashlight, and it would make an awesome gift for any gadget or flashlight lover.  I'm thinking great additions to Christmas stockings for all of the men in my life this year (yes, I am already thinking about the holidays!).  I mostly see that it works, it's *bright*, it's actually pretty (it is!) while still remaining sleek and masculine enough for the guys, and I love that I don't have to worry about it breaking.  We are definitely Flipping for the ICON Rogue 2!





*I received one or more of the products mentioned above for the purposes of this review through the above mentioned company or representing PR agency. In the event of a giveaway, the prize is shipped by the sponsor and I hold no responsibility. Thank you for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Please remember to add your email address if you are entering a giveaway. :o)